måndag 16 april 2012

Wolf Love

Alone, high up on a mountaintop
A wolf sings of her despair
To the moon above, of a forlorn love
Her tale echoes on the cold night air

With naught but the wind as a friend
To join in her sad lonely cry
Lost and alone, and searching for home
The wolf and the moon in the sky

As the echoing notes die away
There comes an answering plea
To the sound turns her ear, she hears it so clear
"I'm coming, so please wait for me"

So she waits for the one who responded
And then she saw him appear
A wolf just as she, and longing to be
The one to ease all of her fear

He lifted his voice with a question
His song sweet as the croon of a dove
When she looked in his eyes, to her surprise
All she could see was his love

And so she answered his query
With her heart, her soul and her mind
Together give voice, to hope and rejoice
The wolves who are two of one kind

Wolf Country


The wolf was often portrayed as the Anti-Christ, epitome of evil.

There are also many legends of wolves as noble creatures who can teach us many things.


The Wolf Ceremony.

I wanted to give something of my past to my grandson. So I took him into the woods, to a quiet spot. Seated at my feet he listened as I told him of the powers that were given to each creature. He moved not a muscle as I explained how the woods had always provided us, with food,homes,comfort and religion. He was awed when I related to him how the Wolf became our guardian, and when I told him that I would sing the Sacred Wolf Song over him, he was overjoyed.

In my song, I appealed to the Wolf to come and preside over us while I would perform the Wolf ceremony so that the bondage between my grandson and the wolf would be lifelong.

I Sang.
In my voice was the hope that clings to every heartbeat.
I Sang.
In my words were the powers I inherited from my forefathers.
I Sang.
In my cupped hands lay a spruce seed...the link of creation.
I Sang.
In my eyes sparkled Love.
I Sang.

And the song floated on the sun's rays from tree to tree. When i was ended, it was if the whole world listened with us to hear the Wolf's reply.

We waited a long time but none came. Again I sang, humbly but as invitingly as I could, until my throat ached and my voice gave out. All of a sudden, I realized why no Wolves had heard my sacred song?!.

There were none left! My heart filled with tears. I could no longer give my grandson faith in the past, our past.

At last I could whisper to him:"It is finished!"

"Can I go home now?" He asked, checking his watch to see if he would still be in time to catch his favorite program on TV.

I watched him disappear and wept in silence.

All is Finished!

Story By Cheif Dan George (1899-1981)


Divided by time? A new time is coming?

4 kommentarer:

  1. YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

    SvaraRadera
  2. Wild Geese

    You do not have to be good.
    You do not have to walk on your knees
    for a hundred miles through the desert repenting.
    You only have to let the soft animal of your body
    love what it loves.
    Tell me about despair, yours, and I will tell you mine.
    Meanwhile the world goes on.
    Meanwhile the sun and the clear pebbles of the rain
    are moving across the landscapes,
    over the prairies and the deep trees,
    the mountains and the rivers.
    Meanwhile the wild geese, high in the clean blue air,
    are heading home again.
    Whoever you are, no matter how lonely,
    the world offers itself to your imagination,
    calls to you like the wild geese, harsh and exciting
    over and over announcing your place
    in the family of things.

    from Dream Work by Mary Oliver
    published by Atlantic Monthly Press
    © Mary Oliver.

    SvaraRadera
  3. There's a creature inside of us all,
    It grows within me.
    I go out into the night searching
    For the moon light.
    My desire Is strong,
    For the need within me hungers.
    I am the Wolf,
    For this is the want in me.
    I am not afraid,
    Come what may.
    I am a creature of habit,
    I am a lonely soul.
    The night is like a dagger,
    Lonely, deep, sharp and cold.
    I can take you where you want to go.
    Night is calling,
    I am falling.
    Come to me I am,
    The creature of the night.
    I am a gentle Wolf,
    I survive by my instincts,
    I am strong for this and,
    I will go on.

    http://www.angelfire.com/ca5/magic1/Poems2.html

    SvaraRadera
  4. Characteristics of the Wolf Shamanic Power Animal

    The wolf power animal has many noble characteristics:

    The totem wolf spirit guide is companion to shamans who enjoy a strong sense of family and community. It is important to maintain strong bonds with loved ones as any prolonged separation is likely to yield a psychic disturbance.
    Although formal education may not be a priority to the wolf shaman, wisdom and basic intelligence most certainly are an important part of the Wolf Shaman’s strengths. This intuitive understanding of underlying truths serves him or her well; they are often teachers, respected elders or well-loved storytellers.
    Quiet and non confrontational unless provoked in areas that truly matter, usually concerning family or other loved ones, the wolf shaman is courageous and steadfast when it counts.

    Totem Wolf Spirit Guide: Symbolism of the Wolf as Power Animal Shamanism http://suite101.com/article/totem-wolf-spirit-guide-a133282#ixzz1wfOjs0og

    SvaraRadera